Sunday, September 11, 2011

Beautiful Mountains In The Clouds



Time for more stunning photos of Norway. The first one was taken as we drove to the top of the mountains to a restaurant/cafe called The Eagle's Nest. It is literally perched atop a mountain overlooking an incredible valley at the edge of a fjord.  As we were driving through the mountains, climbing higher and higher and weaving 'round and 'round, I commented on how ancient everything looked. We started talking about the Vikings and my friend said, "Rebecca, you are a Viking Queen leading women across Norway to fight for their land." I really dug that :) 




The second photo is of us standing on the look-out walk around the restaurant. It was so high that it made me a bit dizzy looking straight down! It was a perfect vantage point for prayer, though, and I found myself praying for God's glory to settle over the land like the clouds around me.





The third photo is one view of the valley floor below where there were farm houses, barns and a church on green, green grass nestled between the mountains like a hidden jewel. Although it was really beautiful, I wondered how cold and remote it must feel in the middle of winter when the valley is filled with snow. There were only a couple of very narrow roads leading off to somewhere up the mountains and, of course, to the edge of the Sognefjord (Norway's longest, deepest fjord, by the way).

May God's Glory Arise In Norway!












No comments: