Saturday, May 26, 2012

I'm Waiting For My Potato

The Norwegian language is exquisite! I have had so much fun learning new words for the past three months and I wish I could stay here long enough to be able to converse like a native. Alas, this is a difficult  possibility with so many dialects mucking up the linguistic stew so I've decided to make things easier on myself and concentrate on the dialect from the region my grandmother is from (Vest Agder). Of course, this happens to be the most imposing dialect but I'm always up for a good challenge! It is said that 'my' dialect sounds the most like Danish but 'we' only have one potato in our throats instead of three.

So, God, where's my potato? I'm waiting patiently for my own Vest Agder spud and when it appears, it will be a happy day indeed!

I love Norway. No, I mean I really, really love Norway. Even as I enjoy the beauty of the people in Sweden as we worship together day by day, my heart is directed westward to Norway. In my mind, I am across the border and standing in Norway in the Spirit, singing songs of deliverance over her and calling her into God's perfect plan for my beautiful land. The best gift I could give you as my friend would be to introduce you to this awesome country. I'm sure you would fall in love, too, after one glance.

We leave Stockholm tomorrow morning and then have two short days in Norway before heading back home. I have mixed emotions about this. I smile every time I imagine throwing my arms around my family and cuddling Spencer, the perfect hund, but I know it is going to break my heart when we fly up and out of Kjevik. It always gets me; it's like leaving a piece of my heart behind.

This is an old-school Norwegian worship song with an old-school PP presentation but I love it. It's called Jesus, Min Jesus (Jesus, My Jesus) and it expresses my heart's cry. If you listen carefully, you will hear the 'potato' in the pronunciation.


This is the view I saw from my sea-cabin window every night. 
I like to think the Lord has left the lights on to His House and that I'll be back in Norway soon..



Guds største velsignelse for Norge!

No comments: